The Inner Courtyard
Due to frequent reconstruction and extension in the 700 years of castle history it is sometimes impossible to determine how parts of the building looked like throughout the centuries and how they were used.
It has to be assumed that todays inner courtyard is the oldest part of the whole castle. The castle was mentioned officially for the first time in 1330, when there existed only a simple, well fortified residential building which was used until 1855.
The round stairtower was built in the 15th century. It leads to the southeastern wing, rebuild 1650, after parts of this wing had crashed into the valley.