The Count as industrial patron

Posted in History

During the regency of Philipp Franz von Daun-Oberstein, Count of Falkenstein (1559-1624), the "Auschleife" grindery was founded, to be transformed to the "Doppelschleife" later. Fragments of the grindstones from these early production facilities are embedded into the northern frontal wall of the castle. Philipp Franz enacted the "Guild laws for agate stone grinders" in 1609.

Print